Because the Theravadin tradition so reveres the ancient Pali texts, its followers have taken great pains to offer people the ability to access these texts in their original language. The list below does not even scratch the surface of excellent free Pali resources on the Internet; it is simply a collection of the “go-to” tools I use when producing the translations found in this blog.
- Digital Pali Reader: Pali.Sirimangalo.Org
- Pali to English (and Thai, Burmese and Chinese!) Dictionary palidictionary.appspot.com
- Buddha Vacana: buddha-vacana.org
- A New Collection of Sentences Illustrating Pali Case Endings: www.ancient-buddhist-texts.net
- Robert Childers, A Dictionary of the Pali Language : Google Play Bookstore
- A. P. Buddhadatta Mahathera, Concise Pali-English Dictionary: A Handful of Leaves
- Access to Insight